Thank you for visiting with me and the Eat Boutique crew at the Anthropologie Market last week. Oh my goodness, we were shocked to see so many food lovers line up at the door before the market opened and even more thrilled when several of you said, “Hello, I read and shop Eat Boutique!” It may seem silly to keep saying thank you, thank you, thank you over and over again, but my heart always gets a bit buzzy when we talk – it means SO MUCH to meet face to face.
(Writing on the Internet is NOTHING like meeting in person, so more meetings in person, ok?)
After that market and the blurriness of a busy summer, I’m finally on vacation. I’m not a summer vacation type of lady. I guess I’m just a fool for fall. Fall vacations are crisp, filled with a golden hue of light and always red-wine soaked. My kind of vacations always involve wine. I guess it’s a good thing I’m on the west coast then!
I’m in Seattle this weekend and then in California wine country all next week. But before I sign off and let you enjoy all of next week’s amazing recipe and maker posts, I wanted to share five things I’m excited about right now:
1. I’m attending the International Food Bloggers Conference in Seattle. I love visiting Seattle and 400+ food bloggers and writers just landed in this city, so get ready, Seattle. We’re looking for coffee, great food stories and a lot of fun.
2. I was about to write that I’m hoping to meet Dorie Greenspan but – guess what? – I just did! We compared Paris notes (hello, Meg Zimbeck!) and she gave me a beautifully wrapped food gift of her legendary Beurre & Sel cookies. I’m saving them for a vineyard picnic.
3. Healdsburg, California is one of my favorite places on the planet. I cannot wait to check out Shed and see old friends.
4. Fall fruit in the west coast is just wonderful and I actually packed my canning rack in order to preserve as much as possible while I’m here. I’m thinking about fruit vinegars, jam and marmalades, fruit butter and more. Maybe I can make some more tomatillo ketchup while I’m out here.
5. I’m eager to simply sit in a vineyard with a packed lunch and a big glass of red. I want to disappear for a bit into the vineyard landscape, eat freshly assembled platters of cheese, fruit and bread, and really, not do much of anything. And I want to let myself dwell on recent dinners at Belly Wine Bar, Bronwyn and Ceia Kitchen & Bar – and incorporate those inspirations into this bit of writing I’ve been doing… which I’ll tell you about soon! (Really, it deserves it’s own post of sheer gratitude soon and it’s coming this Fall, promise!) xox
Happy almost Fall!
Eat Boutique discovers the best small batch foods by boutique food makers. We share recipes, maker stories and city guides to eating boutique. We host tasting events and markets for food makers, cookbook authors and food fans. We craft seasonal, regional gift and tasting boxes and sell individual items that you can order in the Eat Boutique Shop. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest.
Latest posts by Maggie Battista (see all)
- In Maggie’s Kitchen: Jam Tarts, Valentine’s “Care” Packages, and How I Live What I Love - January 26, 2015
- Jam Tarts from Mrs Wheelbarrow’s Practical Pantry - January 25, 2015
- Maggie’s Kitchen Memo: Meyer Lemons, Sweet Potato Bar, Coconut Love and Food Gift Links - January 19, 2015