As I endeavor to suck as much celebration from February as humanly possible, I present you with a favorite cocktail that I crafted for my monthly column collaboration on Snippet & Ink with Heidi Murphy. We ransacked my family room to take these shots, shoving my old barn table against a chocolate-colored wall to set off the rosy hues.
Part rum punch and part sparkling cocktail, this Pear Rum Blush is refreshing and festive. The flavor is fruity with a kick, reminiscent of those amazing sherbet punches of our youth that took center stage at every holiday gathering. Omit the booze and add club soda for a fruity non-alcoholic soda. Enjoy!
Pear Rum Blush
- 1 1/2-ounce pear juice
- 3/4-ounce dark rum
- 1-tablespoon cherry grenadine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ounce prosecco
- Pear slice and cherry for garnish (optional)
- Pour the pear juice, rum, grenadine and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until the outside of the vessel is ice cold. Pour entire contents of shaker into a highball glass.
- Gently pour (or float) prosecco into the glass and garnish with pear slice and cherry.
All photos styled by Maggie Battista and Heidi Murphy, and taken by Heidi Murphy/White Loft Studio.
Eat Boutique discovers the best small batch foods by boutique food makers. We share recipes, maker stories and city guides to eating boutique. We host tasting events and markets for food makers, cookbook authors and food fans. We craft seasonal, regional gift and tasting boxes and sell individual items that you can order in the Eat Boutique Shop.
Latest posts by Maggie Battista (see all)
- Ball Heritage Perfection Collection Giveaway - August 13, 2014
- All-Purpose Quick Pickle Brine - August 4, 2014
- Love Your Kitchen and Happy Birthday, Eat Boutique - July 31, 2014