Sometimes I wonder whether I say ‘thank you’ enough. I feel it. I feel it every moment of every day, so let me count the ways…
1. I felt a huge pang of gratitude when my husband returned from a very long Ikea trip last night and quickly assembled all the tiny parts from the box into a brand new chair, just in time for the big holiday. Thanksgiving is the worst time to visit Ikea but the very best time to say thanks to husbands. Thanks, husband!
2. I’m also thankful for old and new friends in the blogosphere who take beautiful photos of Eat Boutique gift boxes. These photos, taken by Sarah of the Vanilla Bean Blog, are perhaps the cutest gift box photos ever, right? They remind me that I should have more photos of children on this food blog because children love food, especially chocolate and cookies and marshmallows.
3. I’m so thankful for you, readers. Really. Without you, I would never have turned Eat Boutique into both a series of events and an online gourmet market. Your emails and site visits to this small business make me smile so much so that you deserve more than a thanks. How about 25% off everything on Small Business Saturday, November 24, 2012? Use “smallbiz!” at check out. You’re welcome.
4. I suppose the part of this life I’m most thankful for is family. My family is coming to visit tomorrow and we’re all sharing in feast preparation activities. If you’re looking for dishes to make for your Thanksgiving meal, we made a pretty great Grilled Turkey, a Green Bean Casserole and Bacon Cheddar Cornbread. We even have Chestnut Stuffed Mushrooms for appetizers and Coffee Cake Muffins for Friday morning breakfast.
Happy Thanksgiving. See you on the other side – you know, the day after Thanksgiving, when the holiday baking season is officially open. Friends, stock your baking ingredients and let the fun begin…
All photos styled and taken by Sarah Kieffer/The Vanilla Bean Blog.
Latest posts by Maggie Battista (see all)
- How to Be a Zen Hostess This Thanksgiving and Cranberry Crumb Muffins - November 26, 2014
- Maggie’s Kitchen Memo: Thanksgiving Cocktails, Cranberry Muffins, Cookbooks & Food Gifts - November 24, 2014
- Maggie’s Kitchen Memo: Thanksgiving, Small Business Saturday Sale, and Aged Eggnog - November 17, 2014