In about 10 days, I’ll jet off to Paris for some much needed… pastries! Okay, I’m going for work but pastries will definitely be consumed. Before each visit, I jot down a list of must-eat spots and, in parallel, reflect on the ancient establishments that make the city so perfect.
On my very first visit to Paris in the 90s, I fell for Angelina. I suppose we all fall for a good chocolate chaud, oui? Sure, the Rue de Rivoli salon and pÃ¢tisserie is completely touristic, pricey and generally always packed with either touristas or fancy French women, but the first sip of this thick pourable chocolate is incomparable.
I plan to visit Angelina’s again, hopefully during a lull when I can nestle into a corner table with my shopping bags, bags typically filled with handmade food discoveries. This time around though, I’m crafting something very special for you. In fact, I’ve been scheming up a delicious souvenir, a gift box of handmade treats from the city of light, perfect for you or someone you love. (I bet Mom would love a Paris souvenir for Mother’s Day…)
So consider this – a small gift box of Paris treats (food or cooking related) – my labor of French love for you all, but I can only do it if you believe in it too. If you would like me to create a gift box filled with a few handmade French food items or cooking-related items, then please do me two favors:
1. Reserve your Paris gift box now. I’ll make something delicious and beautiful if enough of you pre-order a gift box now. (If we don’t get enough orders, then we’ll simply refund your money by March 1.)
2. Tell your friends, your sweetie, and your family by passing along this post of pretty photos from Angelina.
Before you go, do you remember you first Paris food moment? Tell me about it in the comments below. I’ll be thinking of you in Paris, and promise to try out as many of your favorite ‘food moments’ as possible.
Eat Boutique is an online magazine + market for food enthusiasts to celebrate the best pure, local + comforting handmade foods. We call it: food that hugs you back. Looking for the perfect gift? Eat Boutique sells gift boxes filled with handmade sweet and savory treats. Send a gift box of handmade food today.
Latest posts by Maggie Battista (see all)
- Vermont is for (Pie) Lovers - July 28, 2014
- 6 Questions for Karen Solomon (author, Asian Pickles) and Wasabi Pickled Carrots - July 27, 2014
- Summer Sale: 15% Off Everything in the Eat Boutique Shop - July 8, 2014