This is a bit of a traditional holiday punch with an actual punch. I like to taste the actual liquor in my punch, don’t you? And the bright color is just divine, making it a worthy and special holiday or perhaps superbowl party option.
The base recipe was shared by a dear friend, and I modified it to suit my boozy tastes. (The above photo is an ode to that wonderful dear friend…)
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice or tangerine juice
- 1/2 cup of dark rum
- 1 bottle of blanc de blancs sparkling wine
- 2 pomegranates, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
Pour all the liquids into a big punch bowl. Float the fruit slices throughout. Serve generous portions with a slice of the pomegranate. It makes great cocktail conversation, especially for those unfamiliar with the fruit.
Latest posts by Maggie Battista (see all)
- In Maggie’s Kitchen: My Sourdough Adventures, Life-Changing Pancakes, and a Dream Trip to Ireland - April 27, 2015
- Food is a Gift: Part 1 - April 24, 2015
- Beet Old Fashioned Cocktail - April 22, 2015